(1) Good meshing performance: the meshing process between teeth of helical cylindrical gears is an excessive process, the force on the teeth is gradually from small to large, and then from large to small; bevel gears are suitable for high speed and heavy load.
(2) The coincidence degree is big: the increase of coincidence degree makes the bearing capacity of the gear increase. Thus prolonging the life of the gears. The coincidence degree mainly depends on the meshing time, and the meshing time of helical gears is long and the contact area is large, so the stress is reduced. and make the transmission stable, and increase its economic nature.
(3) Compact structure: the smaller the minimum number of teeth, the more compact structure.
Shortcomings and corrections:
It's troublesome to make herringbone gears.
The axial splitting force is harmful to the gear transmission, it makes the friction between the devices increase, making the device easy to wear or damage. As long as the disadvantage of helical gears is the gear meshing will produce axial force. The axial force is caused by the spiral angle, the larger the spiral angle, the greater the axial force. In order not to make helical gears have too large axial force, the design is generally taken =8~15.
Herringbone gears can reduce the effect of axial splitting, but the manufacture of herringbone gears is troublesome. Not economical.
The Helical gear drive is composed of two helical gears meshing.
Use: Transfer space between the two wrong axes of motion.
(1) Spiral can change center distance, transmission ratio;
(2) The change of direction can be changed by the spiral turn;
(3) wear fast;
(4) Point contact;
(5) Small axial force.
subscribe by our newsletter and get update daily